Date:      Sun, 17 May 2009 13:12:43 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD!

> Now we think that we solved the most
> problems and are ready for the first Call for Testing.

Thank you for this.  I have installed W2K Server on i386 7-STABLE
system without major heartache.  It does not work for me when I am not
root, which causes some minor inconvenience.  Otherwise all the updates
so loved by Microsoft installed fine, and the VM itself seems to
function properly.  Speed seems to be much better than qemu/kqemu, but
slower than the old VMware port (though that is really a pain to use
these days since it is limited to single core CPUs only).

Are there plans to do a port of the Guest Additions?  Right now the
resolution and bit depth are limited to 800x600, 16 bits, and that
really limits its usefulness.

Of course you are starting in the right place: without a stable port the
additions are not of any particular use.

Frank