Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:22:47 +0100
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting "Permission Denied" issues after migrating jails

rKaya Saman wrote on 2016/12/11 16:05:
> Thanks a lot Miroslav :-)
>
> I found the issue eventually.....
>
> For some reason it turns out the /var directory got set to 700
> permissions after the rsync.....
>
> a simple chmod 755 /var fixed the issue, however, it looks like all 5 of
> my jails had the same problem?

rsync -avvcrt : you don't need to specify "r" and "t", they are included
in "a" but you missed "H" for hardlinks (they are used for base and
packages too)

-a, --archive   archive mode; equals -rlptgoD (no -H,-A,-X)

I don't know why your /var had 0700, maybe you have too restrictive
umask for user under you were running rsync.

Miroslav Lachman