Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 00:40:24 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: Fxtv 0.41

I've just installed the kernel driver that Randall pointed at; previously
I had been running Amancio's driver with the clipping support with very
good success.  The new fxtv seems to be working pretty well so far, too.

It might be my imagination, or perhaps I'm not beating on it very hard,
but starting with Amancio's clipping region version of the kernel driver,
my mysterious hangs have not happened.  I'll try beating on it some more
but things are looking pretty good!

This weekend I'll see about reconfiguring X to run in 24 bpp mode on my
#9 Motion 771 board and try out the RGB24 mode of the Bt848.

louie