Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2019 16:55:25 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devel/llvm90 requires math/z3 first; building math/z3 requires a c++ toolchain be in place

--PuGuTyElPB9bOcsM

I'd prefer to disable this dependency.  There's a knob that worked in
the 8.0 timeframe, but the lit build now autodetects z3 when it is
present and I've failed to find a knob to disable it.  For now, the easy
workaround is probably to disable options LIT.  We could make that the
default on non-LLVM platforms is that makes sense.

-- Brooks