Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2013 19:36:01 +0200
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: vlc 2.0.8 (with two PRs applied)

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 05:48:40PM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:26:16 +0200
> Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> >  It's this time again, there's a new vlc version out and I'd like to
> > update the port:
> >
> > 	svn co https://svn.redports.org/nox/multimedia/vlc/
> >
> >  I have applied two PRs as well, ports/181596 and ports/181610, so
> > livemedia and ncurses should work better now as well:
> >
> > 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=181596
> > 	Add subtitle, video, and audio track scrolling to VLC's ncurses.c module
> >
> > 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=181610
> > 	livemedia breakage
> >
> >  Please give this update a good testing again, I've added the other
> > changes from vlc's NEWS file below.
> >

> Dumps core every time I try to view a TS container, which is all I tried
> out.  I used the same setings as for an older version which worked.

Hmm. :(  I tested ts from vdr (recordings as well as via streamdev,
hd as well as sd) and they still played; only (also ts) recordings
from my (old, sd) dreambox don't play with the default demuxer
(avformat demuxer works for those but less so for others.)
But that also was true with 2.0.7, and dreambox recordings don't
crash vlc, just nothing plays.

 So I suppose we need a backtrace, preferably with vlc built with DEBUG
knob enabled.  And if you can put a problem file online I suppose
that might also help.

> Unluckily, the 2.0.7,3 port doesn't even compile, so I don't have
> a working vlc anymore :(

 I just committed the livemedia fix to 2.0.7 in ports while we debug
this...

> FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #10: Sat Aug 10 amd64
>
> --
> Gary Jennejohn

 Thanx, :)
	Juergen