Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 15:51:46 +0200
From:      Shaun Courtney <shaun@emma.eng.uct.ac.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Armada 1130T and 2.2.1 installation problems.

Hi

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.1-R on a Compaq Armada 1130T (120mhz Pentium
with active screen and 1GB hard disk.)

I've spit the disk so that it has about 500mb for Win95 :( and 500mb for FreeBSD

The problem  I have is when the machine boots it loads the kernel okay,
(it does complains about memory != to bios memory ) and then goes into
the config section.

If I press enter (without config) it probes the hardware until it gets to apm0
and stops! (read hangs)

I did notice it said it could not fine an irq for the SVGA driver under the PCI
section...

Can you please help, as I have limited experience with laptops/ notebooks.

Thanks

Shaun
--
      Department of Electrical Engineering and CERECAM
	Unix System Administrator and Unix support