Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:07:35 -0800
From:      Tod Oace <tod@quay.com>
To:        Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, jlemon@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeze from pppd

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 11:16 AM, Maxim Konovalov wrote:

> On 10:39-0800, Mar 19, 2003, Tod Oace wrote:
>
>> The problem I'm having is that when an incoming ppp connectionattempt
>> is made my FreeBSD 5.0 machine freezes up. I can't even get to the
>> debugger with Ctrl-Alt-Esc like I normally can. Here are the last few
>
> Known bug:
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=180644+0+archive/2003/
> freebsd-current/20030316.freebsd-current

I'm not getting a panic, but it seems likely I'm having the same
problem. Am using a single processor 1GHz Pentium III HP Vectra
machine. Left all the GENERIC debugging stuff enabled.

> I suspect that commit:
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1123119+0+archive/2003/
> cvs-all/20030309.cvs-all

Lots of changes, and over my head.

Just saw the ISA NMI generation hint in ddb(4) and will try putting one
of those together to try and see where my system is wedging (didn't see
that in the handbook). Thanks, Maxim.

--
Tod Oace <tod@quay.com>