Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:24:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      keith <keith@hadm.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/86667: GNOME Battery Applet causing keyboard to lag/drop characters on Latitude d600

>Number:         86667
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       GNOME Battery Applet causing keyboard to lag/drop characters on Latitude d600
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD latitude.hadm.net 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0: Wed Sep 28 08:31:33 PDT 2005 keith@latitude.hadm.net:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

	I have a Dell Latitude D600 that I recently setup fbsd 5.4-RELEASE on. It was running
Linux prior to this, and tried a couple other OS's, but none had ACPI support. After configuring
and loading X11, I noticed a somewhat severe lag/characters dropping when I typed, routinely. A
friend on irc, Jeff, was kind enough to take about an hour and, after having me enable KTR on my
kernel and reboot, finally asked me to turn off my battery monitor applet. Viola! This fixed all
traces of lag/chars dropping. It also happened in console, but mainly only lag, I didn't notice
characters dropping as much. http://www.hadm.net/~keith/ktr.out has the KTR output Jeff used.
 >How-To-Repeat:
	Stock install, Stock Kernel on a Dell Latitude d600. 1.6ghz Pentium-M, 1gig ram. Installed
Gnome 2.10, and used the applet it came with. Problem appeared.
>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

Kill the Gnome Battery Monitoring Applet, thanks to Jeff Robinson for all his hard work debugging
this. Please email me if you need any more information or have a fix i could test out. :D