Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:57:44 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, "yramin" <yramin@redshift.com>
Cc:        "Howard Leadmon <howardl@account.abs.net>" <howardl@account.abs.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best NIC for FBSD (was: Buffer Problems and hangs in 4.0-CURRENT..)

At 12:53 PM -0800 2000/3/15, Mike Smith wrote:

>  Do you actually have any numbers to quantify this?  There's nothing in
>  the driver architecture nor any of my testing that would suggest this is
>  actually the case at this point.

	Sigh....  Sounds like I need to take another benchmarking
side-trip.  I happen to have a reasonably powerful box with a quite
recent 3.x-STABLE and an Intel EtherExpress Pro 100+ NIC, and a
3Com3c905 NIC that I can borrow out of another machine.  I'd also
like to play with upgrading to 4.0 on another disk on this machine,
so maybe I can do this as well.

	If someone can point me at some instructions on how I can install
4.0 on a second disk on the same machine (so that I can keep my
3.x-STABLE, thankyouverymuch ;-), I'll be glad to try some
benchmarking with ftp'ing and scp'ing large files around on our
internal backbone.