Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:54:34 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports dependencies problem on bento with bison ports

Hi,

i've found a ports dependencies problem which causes
bento to fail to build one of my ports.

The ports are opengatekeeper and openh323

opengatekeeper requires some object files and some
libraries from openh323. So, opengatekeeper has
  BUILD_DEPENDS=  /nonexistent:${PORTSDIR}/net/openh323:build

So this makes openh323, but does not install it.

Now openh323 needs bison and XFree86, so
openh323/Makefile has
  USE_BISON=      yes
  USE_XLIB=       yes
This all seems to work fine, except on Betno

Openh323 alone builds fine on bento.
Here is the error log it produces for opengatekeeper.
adding dependencies
pkg_add -f XFree86-3.3.6.tgz
pkg_add -f gmake-3.78.1.tgz
pkg_add -f openh323-1.1.a1.tgz
.... snip ....
bison -t -v -d -o asn_grammar asn_grammar.y
gmake[2]: bison: Command not found

So, opengatekeeper causes openh323 to build.
But it does not install bison, even though
openh323 says it needs it in the openh323 makefile.

I do not want to put USE_BISON in opengatekeeper
as opengatekeeper does not need bison itself.

Is there anything I can do to make opengatekeeper
build on bento?
(apart from adding USE_BISON) to opengatekeeper)

Thanks
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.