Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 01:38:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
To:        Lee Crites <adonai@jump.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How are you setting your modems????

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Lee Crites wrote:

> The closest thing to success I've had so far is with the cu command.  I'm
> doing something like:
>
>   #cu -l /dev/cuaD00 dir
>   ATwhatever
>   ~.

Try ATZ first, sometimes echo is not turned on, also what baud rate are
your ports setup to?

I usually invoke cu like this:

cu -l \dev\cuac3 -s 57600

I have cyclades cards, ports set to 57600 in /etc/ttys, works.

> So, y'all, what utility do you use to configure your modems?  Please don't
> tell me you take them one at a time to a DOS pc and use something like
> procomm to do the job.  While this is possible, it would greatly disappoint
> me...

Me, I run mgetty, Gert Doering's getty replacement, modem setup
strings a breeze, it recognizes inbound PAP connection, plus has FAX
support, etc....

http://www.leo.org/~doering/mgetty/

> Thanks muchly...
>
> Lee