Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:45:55 +0300
From:      Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tino Engel <elrap@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux firefox

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 01:38:22AM +0000, Tino Engel wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD folks,
>
> I have a weird problem:
>
> linux-firefox and linux-firefox-devel behave the same way.
> When I quit them, and try to restart them, they complain about beeing
> already running.
>
> I have to manually delete
>
> /usr/compat/linux/root/.mozilla/firefox/*.prpfile/lock
> /usr/compat/linux/root/.mozilla/firefox/*.profile/.parentlock
>
> to be able to start them again.
>
> Normal firefox and firefox-devel do not behave this way, but I want to be
> able to use the linux-flashplugin.
>
> Any hints? (Apart from writing a wrapper removing the lockfiles... How
> ugly)

- Never run Firefox under root. Please tell if it doesn't help
  you.
- CC maintainer of the port when its not working (run "make
  maintainer" to get his address).
- Don't start new threads on mailing-lists by hitting the "reply"
  button. Users of sane user agents will see your new question as
  part of some old discussion and have a good chance to miss it.