Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:21:50 +1000
From:      green@filitov.isf.rl.af.mil (Charles Green)
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Mach 64

Tim Vanderhoek stands accused of saying:
} Date: Aug  1, 11:53
} On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Charles Kenneth Green - PRC wrote:
}
} [cc: list trimmed]
}
} >         Has there been a fix for the sio.c bug that fouls up Mach 64
} > cards. I have a FreeBSD 2.1 system that I had to replace the video card
} > in. The card I ended up getting uses a Mach 64 chip and I'd prefer not to
} > have to send it back.
}
} Sort of.  The sio driver no longer probes com3 (or whichever one it was)
} by default.  The only bug that really existed was that the sio driver
} probed every comport even if it was only supposed to check one.
}
} I'm using a Mach64 here, and it works great (although you may need to get
} a beta X server from the ftp.xfree86.org if it uses one of those `CT' or
} `VT' (I think it's `VT' -- don't quote me) chips).
}

	That would be exceptable, I already have the Beta-E, I needed it
for a diamond card I'm using on another system.

}
} --
} Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
} tIM...HOEk
}
}-- End of excerpt from Tim Vanderhoek

--