Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph P. Kukulies)
Cc:        aleksei@andora.anet.ee, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About UUCP

According to Christoph P. Kukulies:
> Aleksei Davidenko writes:
> > Dear Sirs!
> > Sorry for poor English.
> > Our company is distributed Intel to Estonia.
> > We decided installed FreeBSD for support our Internet domain.
> > But we have problem with function UUCP.
> > Installed sendmail into FreeBSD only for local and TCP/IP.
> > Can You help with instruction how tuning UUCP for work with
> > sendmail
>
> You have to rebuild sendmail with a different .mc file with the following
> in it:
>

> FEATURE(nocanonify)
> FEATURE(nodns)
>

> > Best Regards,
> > Aleksei Davidenko , NetAdmin;
> > aleksei@anet.ee
> > aleksei@torn.ee
> > aleksei@ltnet.ee
>
> --
> --Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

	Hello,

	Chris, you forgot the following entries in the ``sendmail.mc''
	file.  I include my mc file as an example from my site,
	`thought.org'

	Scott Blachowicz helped me get my site working with UUCP or
	TCP and sendmail and I gratefully acknowledge his help.

	In addition to creating a sendmail.cf from the file below,
	you need to set up your UUCP files to allow either UUCO
	dial-up or TCP connection.

	Non-trivial.

	gary kline

	Encl: sendmail.mc

---

# @(#) sendmail.mc

divert(-1)

include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`@(#)tao.mc   1.0')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)
MASQUERADE_AS(tao.thought.org)
FEATURE(nodns)
FEATURE(nocanonify)
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)
MAILER(uucp)
define(`UUCP_RELAY', uucp-dom:<tcpsite>)
define(`BITNET_RELAY', uucp-dom:<tcpsite>)
define(`CSNET_RELAY', uucp-dom:<tcpsite>)
define(`SMART_HOST', uucp-dom:<tcpsite>)
define(`confCHECKPOINT_INTERVAL', 4)
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD', True)
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `')