Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:10:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        "Michael V. Harding" <mvh@nofear.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netcom blocked?

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Michael V. Harding wrote:

> I can't seem to send mail to the stable group from netcom - is this
> domain blocked?  If so, it's sort of harsh - I can't even unsubscribe!
>
> Mike Harding

  Some netcom servers have been in out of the RBL lately.  Netcom thinks
that is it really cool to allow unrestricted relaying.  Any site that uses
RBL will simply refuse mail mail from RBL listed sites.  I heard that the
President of Netcom called Paul Vixie personally to negotiate how to get
off the RBL.

  See http://maps.vix.com for RBL info.

  I'm not sure if any FreeBSD servers use RBL, but I think they should.

Tom