Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 09:50:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        mikebo@tellabs.com, freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone ported xlockmore-3.7 ?

   Hi!

      Have  a lock in the ports  collection  there is xlockmore-3.9  and it
   runs fine on my machine!  This port includes a  correct handling of  the
   shadow passwords on FreeBSD machines.

   Lars

> I downloaded xlockmore-3.7 from MITs X11R6.1 contrib section...
> I followed the instructions and ran xmkmf, make depend and make.
> The package built with nary a warning, but once I lock the screen,
> I can't get it to take either my or root's password.
>
> I'm sure this is a simple problem to fix, and probably has something
> to do with the fact that there are no encrypted passwords in the
> /etc/passwd file. Has anyone ported this version of xlock to FreeBSD
> 2.1.5 or know an easy fix? BTW, I'm running the DES encryption package...
>
> Seems like xlockmore-2.11 is the latest one in the packages section.
> Woefully out of date...
> - Mike
> --
> Michael Borowiec   -   mikebo@tellabs.com   -   Tellabs Operations, Inc.
> Senior Member of Technical Staff                4951 Indiana Avenue, MS 63
> 630-512-8211  FAX: 630-512-7099                 Lisle, IL  60532  USA

Lars Köller                  Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
University of Rostock        E-Mail:
Department of Physics          Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3          Anonymous ftp:
D-18051 Rostock (Germany)      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub