Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:39:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
Cc:        mike.wentz@3ware.com, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, Borja Marcos <borjamar@sarenet.es>, Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>, val@picturetrail.com
Subject:   RE: 3ware stuff not ready for heavy duty useage- ATTN 3ware

OK.. I have an Idea. Since 3ware is selling an 8 port card.. Ostensibly to be
used with 8 devices in the system, do they have any reccoemndations?
 Have they done any empirical testing?
 I mean it sounds like a good idea to say .. hey if you are using our 8 port
card with 8 drives better make sure you have X power supply rating etc in
their manual?

 Can someone at 3ware do some testing if this hasn't been done?
 I will do what I can with what I have available, but obviosly their
testing would be more highly regarded.

 I am willing to go to 3ware and do the testing with them if we can work
something out. I think it would be a good idea.

 Also is there anyone currently using 8 drives in a system following this? What
are you using?

  Nicole

   *    Nicole Harrington | AKA Hodge Podge          *
  nicole@unixgirl.com           http://www.unixgirl.com/
  webmistress@dangermouse.org   http://www.dangermouse.org/
  nicole@deviantimages.com      http://www.deviantimages.com/