Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:14:50 +0200
From:      Riaan Kruger <riaank@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   AES-GCM in FreeBSD

We wish to implement AES-GCM in the FreeBSD OCF whith the main aim of
using it in IPsec [a].  I have a number of questions:

1. What mailing list is the most appropriate for questions and
comments related to this subject?
2. What is the best way to share any work done? (pacthes to mailing list?)
3. Is it best to work of HEAD when implementing the solution?
4. We aim to port the work done for openbsd [b][c]. Does anybody know
of any specific pitfalls, gotchas etc. when using this approach?
(E.g.I assume the FreeBSD OCF has diverged from OpenBSDs over the
years)

[a] - RFC4106: The Use of Galois/Counter Mode (GCM) in IPsec
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP),
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4106
[b] - AES-GCM Part 1: AES-GCM implementation,
http://marc.info/?t=128233110500001&r=1&w=2
[c] - AES-GCM Part 2: PFKEY/ESP, http://marc.info/?t=128258773600009&r=1&w=2