Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:59:17 -0700
From:      <dennyboy@cableone.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   missing empydir template & login screen question

When I try to create a directory while running
xwindows, I get the error message that the file
/usr/local/share/templates/.source/emptydir does
not exist. It had looked like everything was up
& running on my laptop with 4.3, but apparently
this file got missed. How can I get it?
2nd question.
I had customized motd where there is a white bar
across the top of the login screen with a blank
space towards the end of it where the name of the
computer shows. Forgot to tell it not to update
& the ascii code isn't in motd, but the screen
continues to work like that. This seems rather
trifling, but it's really bugging me, trying to
figure out how I got it that way in the 1st place,
that is, what file I edited to get it to show up
like that. Thanks for any help I can get.