Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 11:42:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        Amancio <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. the rest of the world, poor OS comparison on web p

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Amancio wrote:

 : it sort of reminded me of 386bsd. After I install the system, I went on
 : to build a kernel -- interesting approach to config the kernel :
 : make config which asks you a bunch of questions --- all of the sudden
 : the  Freebsd config file seem like a 21 first century super duper
 : kernel configuation database 8)
 :
 : [snip, snip]
 :
 : Slackware left me with the impression that it was too slanted to
 : hackers and for the life of me I can't figure out why people
 : prefer linux to Freebsd -- it seems that Freebsd will be easier
 : on newbies.

I don't know.  As a amateur, I rather like being asked a series of simple
questions and then having the kernel built.  I could probably do less
damage that way than I could by editing a text file.

K.S.