Date:      Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:47:47 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Shane Ambler <Shane@007Marketing.com>
Subject:   Re: ADSL for use on server

--UthUFkbMtH2ceUK2

[trimmed]

On Thursday,  9 June 2005 at 15:40:40 +0930, Shane Ambler wrote:
> Another thing that I have noticed lately is with ADSL2+ being
> released here in Australia

Note that ADSL 2 is not an Australian thing.

> that 'ADSL modems' seem to be disappearing and only routers with
> inbuilt modems are available.  Even if you are getting an ADSL 1
> connection look at getting an ADSL 2 modem/router so you don't have
> to replace it when you get a faster connection available in your
> area.

FWIW, I've just installed an ADSL (1) line, since it's all I can get
here.  I was given an ADSL 2 modem to go with it.  And yes, it is
Ethernet only.

Greg
--
The virus contained in this message was not detected.

Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.

--UthUFkbMtH2ceUK2

--UthUFkbMtH2ceUK2--