Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:02:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andriy Gapon <agapon@excite.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   strange netstat output entry

501/home/avg
p2:edge-16:53>netstat -a -f inet
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp4       0      0  *.*                    *.*                    CLOSED

this looks very strange and even strangier the fact that this entry is
there for hours.
Matching entry in sockstat output is:

avg      xmms     18182   29 tcp4   *:*                   *:*

so I guess this is a "left-over" from xmms' query to cddb server made
yesterday night (last time I listened to CD).

Any ideas what might have caused this ? I assume since this *.* <-> *.*
connection is in closed state, then it doesn't really exist. So I'm not as
concerned here ad curious.

Btw I am behind a firewall that permits to establish connections from
inside to outside, if that can matter.

--
Andriy Gapon
*