Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:21:31 -0700
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help needed in threads.. (Signals)

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 10:51:19PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Can someone tell me if an alarm() call that sets an alarm signal for
> some time in the futire (in a threaded environment, has teh signal delivered
> to the process (an random thread), the same thread that made the request,
> or a predesignated thread.. I just can't work out
> what the right way to handle it in the code is..
>
> posix?

Bwahaha, signals and threads.

Each thread has its own signal mask.  A signal sent to the process is
delivered to a thread that doesn't have the signal masked (if any).  If
more than one thread has the signal unmasked, which thread receives the
signal is undefined.

That's what happens (or is supposed to happen).  If you want to know the
right way to do signal handling in threaded programs, that requires more
explanation.

Bwahaha.

Jason