Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:07:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      allen campbell <allenc@verinet.com>
To:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:    Re: Re[4]: Oracle Access via JDBC

> The problem I'm really having is in getting the Netscape browser on
> the workstation to access the database using the served applet.
> (Kinda convoluted, ain't it ???)

Could this be a sandbox issue?  What I mean is; the applet on the
browsing (Netscape or whatever) client is running inside the Java
sandbox.  The applet should only be able to connect to the host
from which it was served (if I remember the 'sandbox' security
stuff correctly.) If I'm reading you right, the applet is being
served from a FreeBSD host.  By definition, the FreeBSD host can
not also be the Oracle host.

Since the FreeBSD host served the applet, and its not also the
Oracle host, you can't get there from here.

If I'm making some egregious error due to I don't know _how_ many
assumptions, please be gentle. 8)

 Allen Campbell
 allenc@verinet.com

BTW, your return address, rhughes@anteon.com, just bounces.