Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 07:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Fremantle <starslab@yahoo.com>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: splitting DNS zones

I don't know about zone splitting or public DNS,  but I just use a
seperate zone for the "internal" IPs...

example :

www.mydomain.com  -- 24.113.5.25 or something
incom.int.mydomain.com -- 192.168.1.25

Simply never refer to the machines outside of your internal net and
you're fine.

Totally off topic, would it be possible to access these lists via a USEnet
type interface? I'm not used to this much email...

--- Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> I want to split one of my zones.  I want some of it to be public and some
> to be private.  And I want to do it on a single DNS server (I say that
> because I've seen example of where you run a public server and a private
> server and use that to split the zones).
>
> For example, I want people to know about fred.freebsddiary.org
> (210.55.152.24), but not daisy.freebsddiary.org (10.0.0.45).
>
> cheers.
> --
><snip>
===
"Binaries may die but source code lives forever"
  --  Unknown

SkyHawk
Andrew Fremantle
starslab@yahoo.com