Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:32:04 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        Christian Jachmann <jachmann@gigabell.net>
Cc:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.4-Stable crashes..(heavy diskio+networking)

[...]
: It reboots about every 24 hours.
:
: Is it bad ram ?
: or the temperature ?
: Maybe someone give me a hint.

This may sound silly, but have you looked at the value for your
NMBCLUSTERS? FreeBSD panics when it runs out of them, as can happen in a
high network load situation. I scale mine based on the bandwidth and
assume a worst case scenario of a denial of service attack. I've found
16,384 good for T1+, moving to double that for 10Mbit, as for beyond that,
I've never worked with anything that high.

Matt
--
Matt Heckaman [matt@arpa.mail.net|matt@relic.net] [Please do not send me]