Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:19:59 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jack Morang <jack0010@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I need help with Printer.

On Wed, Dec 17, 1997 at 01:16:42AM -0800, Jack Morang wrote:
> I've parsed through the online doc's and gone through the steps towards
> a functioning printer. I have given the printer a name/ made a spooling
> directory/ set in the identifying device/
> and included a log file for debugging purposes (in the printcap file)
> the hardware is properly detected (i noted at bootup) set on
> interrupt-driven method. IRQ 07; I also installed the simple text
> filter. all directores are in place (seemingly)
> when I test this setup with lptest 20 5 | lpr -Pcannon I get this
> message
>
> lpr:connect:No such file or directory jobs queued, but cannot start
> daemon.
>
> Now to which file or directory? What to do? What to do?

I've seen a couple of these lately, but I don't know what's causing
it.  lpd seems to be having trouble creating a pipe.  Do you have
KTRACE enabled in your kernel?  Then do this as root

# ktrace -i lpd

This will create a file ktrace.out.  Put it on
ftp://ftp.lemis.com/incoming/ktrace.out and send me a mail message,
and I'll look at it.

Greg