Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 21:41:57 -0500
From:      "David P. Discher" <dpd@dpdtech.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: qmail startup

The restart may have been needed in this cause because you where running it
out of inetd.  Have to SIGHUP that inetd before it reads the inetd.conf file
again.
    # kill -HUP `cat /var/run/inetd.pid`

In Mr. Schmitt's case, I'm not sure if this is the case, but this is
probably what Mr. Johnson saw.

I still use the pain-in-the-rear-end Sendmail,  Got it working with SMTP
Auth and SSL (well, wrapping it with stunnel is better because Outlook
doesn't like the StartTLS ).

--
David P. Discher    dpd2@cec.wustl.edu, dpd@dpdtech.com
(314) 518-3795      http://dpd.dpdtech.com/