Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:04:12 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Phastnet" <phastnet@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: socks5 help needed

At 01:57 PM 3/21/2000 -0500, Phastnet wrote:
> > /etc or /usr/local/etc ?
>
>/etc.. all the help i was looking at always said /etc/file, so I
>assumed I was putting it in the right place

I am pretty sure that if you build it out of the ports, it will look for
the .conf file in /usr/local/etc.  To be certain, you may want to startup
the daemon specifically pointing at /usr/local/etc/socks5.conf

> > what about /var/log/daemon when you run it in the background.  Also,
>
>I don't have a /var/log/daemon file? how do I get one?

touch /var/log/daemon

add to /etc/syslog.conf
daemon.*        <tabs>          /var/log/daemon

kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog.pid`

         ---Mike