Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:52:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andriy Gapon <agapon@usa.com>
To:        dinoex@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   qt plugin of licq

I've tried to build licq qt plugin from ports recently and got this
message:

"hangs on startup with XFree84 4.x.x"

first of all, it doesn't seem to be correct about "XFRee8_4_", is there
any such thing at all ?
second, the only hanging problem widely known for licq qt plugin at
present is that related to XIM. One would encounter this problem only if
she has XIM suport disabled in XFree and there is an easy work-around for
it -- passing -noxim option to the plugin (i.e. " -- -noxim" to the licq).
Giving this advice, in my opinion, is much batter than just marking port
broken. Or one can enable XIM in XFree (many people don't need it at all).
Ultimately, this problem is caused by qt2 (including the one we have in
FreeBSD ports) -- it doesn't detect correctly if XIM is enabled in XFree
and tries to use it when it's not there actually.  I have little hope
someone would fix qt soon, but at least we can be more informative about
the plugin.

--
Andriy Gapon