Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:33:19 +0000
From:      John Birrell <jb@what-creek.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DTrace/FreeBSD source snapshot

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 02:29:31PM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> My panic-on-boot seems to have been caused by syscallnames[]
> being missing because I'm not running witness/invarients.
> I've attached a patch.  I've not yet had time to try it.

Oh that explains it. I've seen that on releng7. I'll update
the current version.

Without the KDTRACE_HOOKS option, the modules should fail to
load via kldload. I guess that checking isn't possible if the
modules are loaded from boot.

BTW, as a committer it might be more convenient for you to use
the sources direct from the perforce server in
//depot/projects/dtrace.

--
John Birrell