Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:15:12 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardlocks in 8-CURRENT

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

On 2010-Mar-09 09:54:49 +0100, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>do be more exactly: it is a 8-CURRENT based on CVS checkout from end of
>May 2009;

OK.

>When the lock occurs I'm in X11 (KDE 3.5.x); the only key which works is
>pressing power-button for some seconds, i.e. full power-off;

Can you try switching to a VTY0 before connecting power and see if
anything shows up.

>> What (if any) power management are you running?  Do you have acpi_thrott=
le
>> enabled - if so, you could try disabling it.
>
>Is this to be done in rc.conf or via sysctl? I have nothing set about
>acpi_throttle;

acpi_throttle would be enabled in the kernel config or via kld.
Power management is enabled with something like the following in rc.conf:
powerd_enable=3D"YES"
performance_cx_lowest=3D"HIGH"   # Online CPU idle state
performance_cpu_freq=3D"HIGH"    # Online CPU frequency
economy_cx_lowest=3D"LOW"        # Offline CPU idle state
economy_cpu_freq=3D"LOW"         # Offline CPU frequency

>What else would be handy?

Hardware details, output from sysctl's dev.cpu and hw.acpi, dmesg,
output from kenv.  If possible, dev.cpu.*.freq just before it hangs (I
realise this may be difficult).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ