Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:49:46 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        ltp_86@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request

From: "Lim Ting Ping Unix" <ltp_86@hotmail.com>
Subject: Request
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 22:41:31 +0800

> I am TingPing.I Am currently thinking of improving the speed of freebsd and
> promoting freebsd by setting up a server specially for the sake of FreeBSD.I
> hope you will give me the support by approving my request.By the way i am
> from Singapore.Please do consider and get back to me when the decision is
> up.Thank You.

Setting up new servers is something that almost anyone can do,
provided they have the bandwidth, the disk space and the technical
dexterity required to mirror FreeBSD's ftp, web or cvs content.

If you have all of those things, then the next step would be to create
the mirror and get the content up on it.  After that, you contact
hostmaster@tw.freebsd.org to get your server mapped into the
tw.freebsd.org domain depending on the type of content you're
providing (ftp, www, cvsup, mail, etc).

We're a free software group - we don't have a lot of bureaucracy to be
overcome for things like this to happen. :)

- Jordan