Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:30:48 +0200
From:      David Peall <david@esn.org.za>
To:        "'freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't install FreeBSD amd64 (intel DP45SG)

Hi

I tried freebsd-stable but since the machine has not got a problem loading =
sysinstall with the i386 release I'm posting it here.

I have a new box here a Intel DP45SG and a Quad core Intel with 4GB ram tha=
t I would like to install FreeBSD on.
I've tried booting with 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 8-BETA2 amd64 and all get stuck o=
n:
	Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0

6.3 and 6.4 will boot into sysinstall but not network card detected.

By stuck I mean can't scroll lock, caps lock or num lock.  There is no acti=
vity even if left for hours.

I've tried from CD/DVD and pxeboot.

I found the following:
http://blog.elitecoderz.net/freebsd-freezes-on-trying-to-mount-root-from-uf=
sdevmd0-and-is-stucked/2009/01/

Which suggests disabling USB2 I don't seem to have that bios option and tri=
ed disabling USB completely, but still no joy. (also leaves me without a ke=
yboard ;-)=20

There are no PATA ports for me to mount an older cdrom and there are only U=
SB ports on the motherboard. There is also no floppy connector or floppy dr=
ive.  I'm a bit stuck as to how I should proceed, any ideas welcome.

Kind regards

--
David Peall=20