Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:53:48 -0500
From:      "Saffa J. Kemokai" <sulima@sulima.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, skemokai@sulima.com
Subject:   PPP - Win95 Connection matter

Hello Guys:

Small but a nagging problem I wish someone out there probably has a
solution for. Allow me to make a brief on the setup and then the
problem.

I have PPP installed and configured hopefully correct as the test
indicates no error at this point.

On win95 box, the connection is configured as:

"PPP: windows 95, NT 3.5, Internet" Server Type and info on DNS, IP,
default gw etc given in TCP/IP settings.

In control panel, TCP/IP is loaded and is binding to the Dial-Up
Adaptor. There is no other protocol loaded.

The Win95 box dial into the FreeBSD. FreeBSD box answers the call, and:

 "Verifying Username and Password" is displayed.

I could see activity between the modem and the unit. After a while, the
win95 box returns the following:

"Dial-Up networking could not negotiate a compatible set of network
protocol you specified in the Server Type settings. Check you network
configuration in the control panel and try again."

Well, I think I have a pretty good working knowledge of win95 but I have
checked every possible area without success. Has anybody exeperienced
this or has a solution for it..?

Thanks for your help

Saffa Kemokai
http://www.sulima.com