Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:26:21 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
To:        Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: automatic redial....

> > how can tell i4b to redial after the connection
> > has been reset for whatever reason? My provider
> > disconnects me after 24h of constant usage so I want
> > i4b to connect again right after they kicked my
> > connection.

Same here.

> I'd configure it for dial-on-demand, with loooong timeouts.

Yes, that's what I do. Since I get dynamic IP, it doesn't matter if im
disconnected for a few minutes if noone uses the connection. As soon as
someone uses it (i.e. the cron job fetching mails) it comes back up.

If you have a static IP, things are different. Just start a background
job in your ip-down script (see "disconnectprog" in isdnd.rc), that does
something like

sleep 5; ping -c 5 any-host-on-the-internet

Martin