Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 09:10:37 -0500
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        hasty@star-gate.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: minor update to the sound driver.

> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
>
> I can live with that, but I'd also like some indication that you and
> Jim don't have any problems with the -current code, as it's otherwise
> exactly what's going to go into 2.0.5!

I think the code is at least as good as what is in -current.  I have only
been able to test it with pas-16, gus, and gus-max cards.  I don't have
a sb card here.  If you are going to check it into -current, please note
that I changed the LINT/config options a bit (see the sound/freebsd directory).

I also included a postscript file in the distribution (ultrawrd.ps)
which is the gus sdk rev 2.22.  The gus stuff (especially the gus max stuff)
could still use a bit of work.  If there is anyone with a gus-max card
and some time, let me know.  I can point you toward the things that need
to be done.

Also, vmix is really a pre-alpha type release.  It needs a lot of work yet.
If someone out there has a sb card and would like to work with the mbone tools,
let me know.  Vmix could easily be modified to input from the sb card and
output to the speaker via the pcaudio driver.

If you have trouble getting to ftp.best.com, I put a copy of this stuff
on our ftp site.  Check ftp://ftp.cs.uwm.edu/pub/FreeBSD for details.

	-Jim