Date:      16 Nov 2002 14:49:58 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rhythmbox - part of gnome 2.4

--=-m+NWh/NlveS0TBFSsO+0

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 13:58, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> Is anybody else working on rythmbox, which will be in the fifth-toe for=20
> gnome 2.2 and a part of gnome 2.4?

I've actually been working on it.  Since gstreamer now works on FreeBSD,
we can start integrating some of the cool frontends.

>=20
> It's running here.  Please can you have a look at this and report any=20
> errors back to me?  (Please do that really, sometimes when I submit a=20
> port, the port will be modified without any feedback to me, which would=20
> help me to make better ports.)
>=20
> Note:  monkey-media does not support audio cd right now for FreeBSD. =20
> (So also rhythmbox cannot support that.)
>=20
> Install musicbrainz first, than monkey-media and rhythmbox at last.
>=20
> I'm not sure of the installation and deinstallation of rhythmbox. =20
> musicbrainz is ready and can be added to the portstree (here I'm really=20
> sure).
> monkey-media is also ready I think. (It will not be useful to add=20
> monkey-media to the portstree when not adding rhythmbox.)  But on=20
> rhythmbox please tell me how we have to handle the scrollkeeper things=20
> on installing and deinstalling:
>=20
> Further:  rhythmbox crashes when I try to play any song.  Maybe thats a=20
> problem of gstreamer or not, I don't know at the moment.
>=20
> This is first a message to find other people who want integrate=20
> rhythmbox to freebsd, like me.  Lets make that togeter...

I was going to add ports with gnome as the maintainer since, as you
said, these ports will become part of the gnome-fifth-toe and could very
well become part of the desktop itself.

>=20
> - Martin
>=20
>=20
> Btw.
>=20
> I get the following messages on installing rhythmbox:

Looks like your catalog file might be messed up.  Make sure it's in XML
format.  You may need to reinstall scrollkeeper.

Joe

--=20

--=-m+NWh/NlveS0TBFSsO+0

--=-m+NWh/NlveS0TBFSsO+0--