Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:59:51 +0430
From:      Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@laperouse.internatif.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X freezes my Sony Vaio PCG-F801

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 09:01:27PM +0430,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@laperouse.internatif.org> wrote
 a message of 608 lines which said:

> On a Sony Vaio PCG-F801, I installed FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE, which comes
> with Xfree 4.3.0.
> When I use X, edition with Emacs makes the machine freezes after ten
> or twenty minutes of use. The cursor no longer moves, Crtl-Alt-F1 and
> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace are ignored. I have to reboot the hard way.

What I tried:

> (**) Option "Protocol" "SysMouse"
> (**) Mouse0: Protocol: "SysMouse"
> (**) Option "CorePointer"
> (**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"

1) Changing the protocol to PS/2 and stopping moused. X works but freezes
the same.

2) Testing with a color depth of 8 only. No change.

3) I tried to test with the "svga" driver instead of "trident" but I d
not find it in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers. Is it normal?