Date:      Wed, 09 Jun 1999 21:59:59 -0700
From:      Yann Ramin <atrus@montereyhigh.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where did the port go?

I noticed that there is no longer a directory on the master FreeBSD
server for the Alpha port.  Did the Alpha port get discontinued?  I
would be interested in running it on a machine to play with it (get rid
of that hideous Windoze NT).

Yann

Yann Ramin			Atrus Trivalie Productions
atrus@montereyhigh.com		www.redshift.com/~yramin

	"Of course it runs FreeBSD!"
			- Anonymous

Linux = Ferrari, BSD=Mercedes-Benz, (OpenBSD comes with bulletproof
tinted glass, FreeBSD with the high performance diesel engine, NetBSD
with the ability to run on any road you come across), NT='72 Yugo
that's having trouble passing safety inspection (no brakes, lights
or wipers, and burns a lot of oil), W95=tricycle with bent front
wheel and one pedal. I really think it comes down
to analogies like this, until a specific feature is singled out
for discussion. I have a vague impression that Linux spends a lot
of time "in the shop" -- lots of tweaking. The BSD machines just
sit here, and run.