Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:44:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Dempsey <chrisdempsey@yahoo.com>
To:        "ROTHENBERG, MICHAEL" <MROTHENBERG@exchange1.PRIA.com>, 'Mike Meyer' <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        'FreeBSD-questions' <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ethernet config

Me too!

I am running two win boxes and a bsd box behind the
same router setup, using a cable modem -> router ->
100mb switch -> bsd box.  The router uses a web-based
192.168.1.1 configuration screen and does DHCP,
dynamic/static routing, and limited port forwarding.
It has an option to place one box on the "DMZ," what
that does I am not sure.  All of the relevant
information is entered into the webbased setup
screens.

Anyways, it all works fine in my setup.  I have yet to
play around with the BSD box as a router/hub and
compare performance and security, but the router setup
now works pretty darn good.

Port forwarding to both ssh (22) and telnet (23) are
able to work fine, but I have also yet to check other
ports.  NAT works perfectly.

I have xl0 setup as ifconfig="DHCP" and it works fine.

--- "ROTHENBERG, MICHAEL"

=====
Christopher P Dempsey