Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:02:30 -0700
From:      Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha Install - oops!

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 08:52:34 -0400 (EDT)
 Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> wrote:

 > If its what I was seeing, you should be able to work around it by
 > building yourself a kernel with the IDE interfaces disabled.

Hm... Someone reported to me a similar problem on a 164SX, and the fix was
definitely something different :-)... in any case, disabling the IDE is
clearly the wrong thing to do.

I'd like to confirm that it is indeed fixed on the Miata (IIRC, it was
reported fixed on the 164SX, but I'd like a sanity check).

I'll build a new NetBSD kernel today and post here where it will be available
for download.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942