Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:09:43 -0500
From:      Kent Hauser <kent@lab1.tfd.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSec & ppp

Hi,

I've configured my laptop to use IPSec to set up a link
back to my office network. Every encapsulated packet
generates an error message "cksum: out of data". The link
works fine otherwise.

I'm using AH+ESP over a normal PPP dialup link to my ISP.
Normal internet packets do not generate this message.

From my home box, I use a similar arrangement, except it's PPPoE
and thus has "netgraph" config'd in the kernel. The laptop
box does not.

This did not happen with a kernel built a couple of weeks ago.
The problem system resulted from a "make world" from a cvsup
of current 3/31/00.

Kent