Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:15:04 +0200
From:      Oliver Epper <oliver@epper.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome 2.14.3 removable media

Hi All!

I'm experiencing some difficutlies with the mentioned version
of gnome that I've build from the ports collection.
The problem is that neither gnome-cd, nor totem "see" any
removable media (cdrom/dvd). I'm pretty sure that this is not
a rights problem. I've arranged appropriate rights for the
following devices through the devfs config:

/dev/acd*
/dev/cd*
/dev/pass*
/dev/xpt*

I've build the port gnome2-lite inside a jail, the jail uses
the defsruleset_jail with additional /dev/acd0.
As CFLAGS and COPTFLAGS I use -O2 -pipe.

Any help, or pointer would be great ! Thx in advance :)

Oliver Epper