Date:      Thu, 6 May 2010 14:53:26 +0200
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LDAP and LDAPS on the same server ?

Dnia czwartek, 6 maja 2010 o 14:15:54 Frank Bonnet napisa=B3(a):
> Hello
>=20
> I actually have an Openldap directory server that runs on a FreeBSD box
> at 8.0-RELEASE amd64
>=20
> It runs nicely but I want to add LDAPS service on the SAME server.
>=20
> Is it possible ? I have generated
>=20
> cert.crt
> cert.csr
> cert.key
>=20
> as instructed in the FreeBSD howto but when I add the following
> lines in slapd.conf file it fails to restart
>=20
> TLSCACertificateFile  /usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/cert.crt
It is certificate of CA(Certificate Authority). I think it should be differ=
ent=20
than your server certificate. If you create self-signed certificate you fir=
st=20
create your own CA and then issue certificate for the server or clients.

> TLSCertificateFile    /usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/cert.crt
> TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/cert.key
>=20
> in ldap.conf file I have the following
>=20
> #
> # LDAP Defaults
> #
>=20
> # See ldap.conf(5) for details
> # This file should be world readable but not world writable.
>=20
> BASE	dc=3Desiee,dc=3Dfr
> URI	ldap://ldap.esiee.fr ldaps://ldap.esiee.fr
>=20
> #SIZELIMIT	12
> #TIMELIMIT	15
> #DEREF		never
This is used for client side not server side.

> What did I missed ?
slapd_flags in rc.conf?

Maciek