Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:27:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Naga R Narayanaswamy <nraju@mindspring.com>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need Help ASAP: Out of UDP space?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Naga R Narayanaswamy wrote:

> Nick Rogness wrote:
> Which radius server package are you using. Because I know there are
> different
> port packages for radius server.

	Radiator.

> After how long (days or hours) did you encounter this problem?

	It's random... usually stays up until the peak times.

	It stayed up from 8AM-4:53PM.  At this time it dropped (On both
	RAD Servers) and the Recv-Q stays pinned out around 31000.

> Don't you have some sort of logging on the server. I usually turn on
> some level of debug, which gives a better picture in case of errors.
> (btw, i use the radius server from freeradius.org)

	logging is turned on.  It thinks everything is fine.  It's
	sending Auth-Accept back to NAS.

> >         I misspoke here.  According to tcpdump it is sending the
> >         response back to the NAS.  I need to get a packet sniffer between
> >         the NAS and the BSD machine to determine if it is actually getting
> >         transmitted across the wire or not.  This problem is happening on
> >         both fBSD based Radius servers at about the same time.  Maybe load
> >         related?  Only other thing in common between the 2 is that they
> >         both have fxp ethernet cards.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets