Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:44:20 +0200
From:      Anselm Strauss <amsibamsi@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ZFS on small systems

Hi,

I'm interested in using ZFS on one of my small systems with 256 MB of
RAM and 4 GB flash disk. Since ZFS is now considered production ready
on FreeBSD I would like to use it as root filesystem and profit mainly
from the cool snapshot features for easy backups.

I found multiple recommendations to run ZFS only on systems with
enough resources. But is this only a requirement if you want good
performance or also for ZFS to function properly at all?

Thanks for any thoughts on that.
Anselm