Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:51:45 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   need a weird samba configuration

Any Samba gurus here?

I have a file server running samba34-3.4.14 as a domain member server
with security = domain. winbindd is not started and all Windows users
are resolved to Unix uids/gids via getpwnam() as described in
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html#id2604553

Now I need to start winbindd for other purposes, not connected with
smbd and the file service. How do I configure smb.conf so that smbd
should not consult winbind and should continue using getpwnam() for Windows
logon name -> Unix uid/gid mapping? In other words, how do I disable the
idmap functionality and use existing Unix uids/gids with winbindd
running?

TIA for any input.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN