Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:50:28 -0500
From:      David McNett <nugget@slacker.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to discriminate between shell used in CLI and XWindowmode ?

On 20-Aug-2000, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> Concrete: I want to leave csh  as root shell on the console and work as
> root with bash in X Window is it somehow managable ?

Just to inject some religion into a perfectly legitimate technical
discussion.  I believe that leaving root's shell as csh is a Good Thing
as it's a deterrant to unnecessary root activity.  I'd *strongly* urge
that you follow Chris Fedde's suggestion and install sudo (it's in
/usr/ports/security/sudo) and experiment with using that as a wrapper
around tasks which you need root privlidges to accomplish.