Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 22:01:12 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   arp reports changed MAC address

Recently, I've started getting the following message on my freebsd box
which is acting as a gateway/firewall for my home net.

/kernel: arp: 192.168.0.1 moved from 00:c0:df:ae:6b to 00:20:af:6f:97:83

Some time later, it swaps back.  It seems to occur quite often (every 2
minutes or so, but sometimes will go 30 minutes).  However, it means the
machine in question is effectively cutting off 192.168.0.1 from the
outside world.  Not very much fun when in the middle of a conversation on
IRC.

I first noticed these messages last night when I was setting up my mini-
DNS.  Are the two, umm, connected?  dah.
--
Dan Langille
DVL Software Limited